Saturday, October 2, 2010

a walk in the River Valley...


It's another beautiful fall day with clear blue skies that make the yellow leaves glow.

We rediscovered a portion of the river valley today with a nice walk... taking in this scene under the Capilano Bridge. We drive across this all the time, but I was delighted at the majesty and heroic quality of the space underneath, including the sounds of cars driving across... something I've failed to notice until today.

It could also be a great public urban space...









A photo of the plaque... infrastructure as monument...

2 comments:

  1. My friend Don James passed on your URL - and have enjoyed viewing your masterful and sensitive/observant sketches. Could heap on a lot of praises - good eye for composition, accuracy, etc. etc.....
    suffice it to say - My compliments to the chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very kindly. I visited your beautiful site, and was amazed by the rich and subtle colours and the poetry you find in the landscape... something I can look towards... Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete