Monday, October 4, 2010

... a rainy day



I nestle myself in a second floor lounge area at MacEwan University amongst students much younger than me, to sketch this view northwards on 108 Street... by doing so, I get a rather intimate glimpse of college life as I eavesdrop on animated group conversations about course requirements, part-time jobs, sales at clothing stores, recent Youtube hits, and Hallowe'en party costume preparations... how my life has changed since those days.

There are a few places in this city where an interior space straddles a street, allowing some unique vistas. It's too bad the view southwards on this street doesn't take fuller advantage of the legislature's dome that terminates that view. That's another drawing for another day, perhaps when school is out...

No comments:

Post a Comment