Saturday, October 16, 2010

The High Level Bridge


Arguably Edmonton's most prominent and familiar urban landmark, the (almost) century old High Level Bridge is one dignified and muscular artifact! But a casual observation from the underside gives us a peak of even more layers and intricacies that make me marvel at what engineers and steelworkers did 100 years ago. It's a beautiful structure...

Thankfully, my daughter was preoccupied with her bottle of chocolate milk, allowing me the time to do this on another fine autumn day...








Our backyard columnar aspens... again.

Compared to the post a week ago, their colours are much subtler, with less leaves...

Now that I think of it, these trees strike me this season especially because last year, it became cold so suddenly that the trees had no time to prepare, shedding their leaves while still green.

No comments:

Post a Comment